Location: Israeli Documentation Center for the Performing Arts, Tel Aviv
Arranged and described by: Jan Kühne
Further information: Israeli Documentation Center for the Performing Arts
The archive contains the historical records of the Habima Secretariat in Berlin 1928–1933 – mainly letters, legal documents, contracts, and bills in German (bulk), Hebrew, Polish, Yiddish, Russian, English, and French. The Hebrew theatre Habima (est. in Moscow 1918) became the National Theatre of Israel in 1948. Most materials pertain to the legal philanthropic bodies, Habima Friends’ Circle and the Patrons’ Organization.